Irwin Weiner ASID - We often make new discoveries at a trade fair or industry show, and this Spring's Book Expo America show, the largest gathering of global publishers in the United States, gave us one great discovery - Fiell. Charlotte and Peter Fiell started their own UK-based publishing company founded on their love of design. As experts on 20th and 21st Century design and widely published in the field, they've created a design-led publishing venture that produces their titles as well as others in fields including architecture, furnishings, photography, digital design, and typography.
We highly recommend the Fiells new book Tools for Living: A Sourcebook of Iconic Designs for the Home.
- 768 Pages, 1000 illustrations, $59.95
- Covers the Fiells' "ultimate" things designed for the home
- Features everything under the home design sun, including chef knives, pots and pans (see below), garden tools, home-office furniture, door handles, calendars (like the Enzo Mari Formosa perpetual wall calendar, 1963), lamps (like the Ross Lovegrove Agaricon table light, 2001), cutlery (like Tapio Wirkkala's Kurve cutlery, 1963), and bathroom taps
- Items include a full description and explains the historic relevance and design excellence of the item - a new way to train your eye for enduring home design with the help of experts
- Web addresses are given for all manufacturers so Tools for Living serves as a practical sourcebook for homeowners and design professionals