Ming Yi - The main door is called “The Mouth of Chi” in feng shui, as this is how the house absorbs its much needed Chi, or energy nourishment. The intention of the front door allows money, health, a new job, and relationships to come into the home.
Energy and opportunity from the Universe comes to us through the front door.
- Paint the front door an attractive color that is different from the rest of the house.
- A Feng Shui entrance tip is to paint red to attract good fortune!
- Have adequate lighting in the front door area so opportunity can find a way in.
- Use live plants or flowers in the entrance to attract blooming possibilities. Remove unhealthy plants immediately.
- Make sure the entrance is free of clutter.
- Have a bell with an appealing sound.
Spend some time standing at the front door area of the home and ask how does the home feel when it if first entered? That feeling is conveyed to others when they enter. If it feels welcoming and warm, then the chi will flow.
This article has been reprinted with the permission of the Sheffield School, New York, NY. Sheffield began as an Interior Design school in 1985, and then expanded its course offerings to train people in other design-related fields, including Feng Shui, Wedding and Event Planning, and Jewelry Design. With thousands of active students and more than 50,000 graduates, Sheffield has trained more design professionals than any school in the world.