Irwin Weiner ASID - As global fashion became a huge multi-billion-dollar business, everyone wanted to expand from clothing and accessories to "lifestyle," and that means plenty of fashion houses that have gotten into designing and manufacturing their own furniture line. Here are some of our favorite fashion houses who have taken their trend-setting ways from the runway and turned them towards your home.
- Hermes: home goods ranging from decorative objects and linens to fine and casual dinnerware, all with French flair.
- Fendi Casa: a robust whole-house interior design approach, complete with furnishings, home fabrics, whole-kitchen systems, and outdoor furnishings. An impressive, all-encompassing design approach, geared to upscale contemporary lifestyles.
- Ralph Lauren Home: another whole-house design, with the upscale casual "preppy American" vibe, you'll find everything from paint and tableware to lighting, case goods, and upholstered goods for inside and outside your home.
- Alexander McQueen: the late fashion designer reached the heady heights of UK/global fashion through sheer imagination and genius, and the Rug Company's Alexander McQueen collection shows off the vivid patterns and colors and themes that made his art famous, this time in rugs, wall hangings, and pillows.
- Versace Home Collection: the Versace brand is synonymous with over-the-top Italian adornment, and you'll find the almost-baroque assortment of pillows, linens, tableware, crystal, and glassware a fun way to add punch to your home decor.
- Missoni Home: shop here for your home textiles, throws, pillows, poufs, candles, and bath linens and you'll be adding Missoni's distinctive, sophisticated eye for colorful patterns.
- Oscar de la Renta Home Collection: beautiful, romantic, colorful tableware, entertainment accessories, linens, and carpets - and his Century Furniture line, too.
- Etro Home Collection: Italy's oft-imitated, but never surpassed collection of home textiles is astounding. You can build a whole-house color scheme around their fascinating patterns and schemes and not go wrong.
- Vera Wang: her lifestyle collection and licensing efforts have extended her brand into everything from tabletop lines to home linens and textiles. The look is clean, classic, and romantic.
- Armani Casa: another whole-home experience, the world of Georgio Armani, tailored and richly masculine, extends to wall coverings, home textiles, furnishings, lighting, rugs, and accessories.
- Calvin Klein Home Decor: here is another example of fantastic brand expansion into home territory, with Calvin Klein branded furniture, accessories, bedding and bath collections, and other products.
There are many others we haven't gotten to, including Diane von Furstenberg, Pierre Cardin, Donna Karan, Vivienne Westwood, Paul Smith, Matthew Williamson, and others. The list of talented fashion designers whose brands have branched out into lifestyle is endless. But lucky us for this injection of beauty, style, and design into our decor selections!