Irwin Weiner ASID - Social media and Internet marketing are the keys to successful home sales, according to many realtors. People like to see many photographs of a home on the Multiple Listing Service - you should definitely take advantage of the full 25 photographs possible on any MLS listing if you're trying to sell your home - and short 3-minute videos help capture the lifestyle aspect of walking through a home. Keep your home videos brief and let them tell a simple story:
- Set the scene and show the beautiful area where your home is situated, or views directly from your house.
- Enter the front door and begin the home tour.
- Simple pans to the left, right, up, and down are all that's needed to show the scope of a room and focus on extra details of interest.
- Turn on all the lights and the gas logs on your fireplace to show off the space to maximum effect.
- Stage your home so it looks clean, spare, and minimal. It must show "clean."
Post your video on YouTube, Vimeo, and other sites where real estate videos are featured. Title your video the address of your property and use descriptive tags besides the address to attract people who are searching online for a home to purchase. Here's an example of an excellent, short-and-sweet real estate video from realtor Bobbi Vogel, Prudential in Oakland, CA (that's her going through the front door in the video).