We've featured the work of Lambertville, NJ artist Judy Henn before on Design2share, and this former antiques dealer appreciates visual details like no one we've seen. She has a special love for animals that we share, and she decided to focus on paintings of interiors and furnishings - a throwback to her days as a dealer - and pets. Judy has painted everything from horses and dogs to cats and birds, and she's been displayed in galleries and featured in the 2005 Kips Bay Decorator Show House. But we've persuaded Judy to offer her talents to paint Custom Pet Portraits. These are original, one-of-a-kind paintings and are not photo-enhanced images. Jay Johnson from D2S explains the Custom Pet Portrait offer and the 5 background choices in the following video.
Custom Pet Portrait by Judy Henn: 12 x 13.5 inches, acrylic on board, unframed. You'll also receive by email a high-resolution digital photo of the completed portrait which you can use to make custom mugs, T-shirts, bags, stamps, greeting cards, calendars, or any number of novelty and gift items. It's truly artwork with a million uses!
Price: Judy's artwork sells for thousands of dollars and is prized at auctions and websites like 1st Dibs, but we convinced Judy to offer every pet owner the opportunity to have a special portrait painted of their precious one. Contact Judy for pricing information.
Easy Steps to Commission Your Custom Pet Portrait:
- For pricing and initial deposit information, call Judy at 609-915-6169.
- When you send in your information to Judy, please include a high-quality photograph of your pet with a favorite facial expression you would like Judy to capture in the portrait. If you would like to email a digital photo to Judy, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include any special instructions or requests + specify your background choice for the portrait (as shown in the above video): (a) roses, (b) pussy willows, (c) ferns, (d) classic - a black or brown solid background, or (e) poppies.
- Judy requires a 6-week turnaround time from the day she receives your order with the nonrefundable deposit. Judy will email you a digital image of the painting prior to varnishing; this will allow you to approve your painting and Judy said "I will make any reasonable changes prior to varnishing."
- When you approve your proof, send Judy the balance of the portrait fee, a check made out to "Judy Henn" for the balance of the project. Upon receipt of your payment, Judy will mail your finished portrait to you and email the high-resolution digital photo, along with her personal thank-you.
If you'd like to skip snail mail and speed things up, email Judy at email@example.com and she can arrange payment by PayPal as well as faster shipping arrangements.
Call Judy: If you have any questions or would like to talk with Judy first, call her at 609-915-6169.