This Design2Share online collectible find is a Pink Carved Mirror Bar or Secretary.
- Made in the 1940s
- Italy is the country of origin
- Piece consists of pinky-salmon colored mirrored panels on the exterior with extensive etchings and decorations; top cabinet features glass storage shelves on the two inside door panels and inside the unit itself; a pull-down mirrored serving surface; and bottom drawer with glass storage shelves similar to the top of the unit
- 69 1/4 inches tall x 16 inches deep x 36 inches long
We love this piece! First, mirrored 1940s furnishings are red-hot right now. It's all part of the
- Custom made in 1905
- France is the country of origin
- Piece consists of 6 large shades on the bottom tier, 6 smaller shades on the upper tier - half in glass and half in metal, painted and gilded inside; wrought iron arms with thin, precise welding
- 7 feet 7 inches tall x 5 feet 9 inches deep x 5 feet 9 inches long
Granted, this monumental piece is not for any house! It's heroic height necessitates that it be used in a double-volume (at least) space. We've often winced at the puny lanterns and shrimpy crystal chandeliers that most homeowners use to light up a double- or triple-volume entry foyer (read: in a McMansion), but a beauty like this chandelier would set an entirely different mood. You'd be telling all your guests, "We're not fooling around with you. We have style - and we mean lots of style - and we're setting the mood for the rest of our house just to keep up with this over-the-top first impression."